“1. When you meet a boy whose smile mends old wounds remember that it will create new cuts.
2. Don’t let him play you his favorite song because when he’s gone you’ll listen to it until it kills you a thousand times.
3. Don’t take “I love you” as a promise that he’ll stay.
4. His love is a temporary high until your sadness resurfaces.
5. A poet once told me that you can’t make homes out of people, they are not sturdy structures. He will fall down on top of you and walk away with out even asking if you’re okay.
6. You were beautiful before him and you’ll still be beautiful after him.
7. He will leave you without a warning. Do not chase after him.
8. You will be on your bathroom floor crying rivers and you will think you might never feel anything more pure than this but please know you will, you will, you will.
9. You’ll find that vodka will make you want to call him so that you can here his voice again because, oh god, his voice was the most beautiful melody you’ve ever heard. But darling don’t do it, he won’t answer and you’ll start hating yourself again for ever loving him.
10. You will be okay again.
11. You’re going to find someone else to call you beautiful.”